This post was sponsored by Weight Watchers as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central. I received complimentary products to facilitate my review. #NoStringsAttached #IC #ad
Some days, I feel like I’m always on the go. Whether it’s a day at work, play dates or running errands, I somehow always get that afternoon snack craving. I have an unapologetically large sweet tooth, and I know that if I don’t keep healthy snacking options at my fingertips, then I won’t make the best choices. So each week, I stock up on healthy weekly essentials at the grocery store and take a few minutes to prep, chop and store it all so I can easily grab something when those cravings hit.
Today, I’m sharing what’s in my fridge and what I have on my grocery list each week as my snacking staples:
– Fresh fruit, whatever is in season. Lately, cherries, grapes, peaches, cantaloupe, watermelon, raspberries, strawberries, blackberries, blueberries…the list goes on. Bryce LOVES fruit so we go through it like nobody’s business.- Citrus. Perfect for adding to my water!
– Veggies. Cucumbers, celery, carrots, broccoli, spinach & lettuce. It’s so worth the time to chop these up- I’m way more likely to grab them that way. The spinach & lettuce are nice to throw into smoothies…Bryce has one nearly every day and it’s a great way for us to make sure we are getting our leafy greens.
– Hummus/salsa. Perfect for dipping with veggies since let’s face it, they are pretty bland on their own.
– Hard boiled eggs & deli meat. Great option for some protein or adding to a salad.
– Trail mix or nuts. Not a fridge item obviously, but worth mentioning. Also a great protein boost, and stores well on-the-go in a diaper bag :-)
– Yogurt. I prefer vanilla Greek yogurt. Sometimes I mix in berries and granola or use it with oats for an overnight oats recipe with a splash of milk.
– Bread. A single slice with avocado or powdered peanut butter makes for a filling snack. Plus, I love carbs.
– Chicken. I love grabbing a rotisserie chicken and breaking it down so I have some on hand for Bryce’s lunch/dinner, and a snack for myself. Flavorful and already prepared!
– String cheese. The perfect snack for on the go, and gives a nice dose of calcium in the diet. I got the Weight Watchers Light Mozzarella String Cheese from Meijer. I really like these a lot because these individually wrapped sticks have 50% less fat and 25% fewer calories than the typical string cheese. And they still pack a ton of flavor. And if you are on Weight Watchers (read about my experience with it here), these bad boys are only 1 PointsPlus value per stick, which is AMAZING.
Cart cover: source
If you do have a Meijer in your area, there’s a sweet Mperk savings offer for $0.50 off each Weight Watchers String Cheese item, valid 7/24 – 8/20/16. Find it here. Sidenote: Meijer is kinda awesome. They have as much of a selection of food items as a regular grocery store, plus housewares, clothing and more. A total one stop shop!
And one more cool thing about the Weight Watchers String Cheese? They have a No Strings Attached Challenge. If you don’t like the taste of the product you can receive a refund. (Valid from 7/24 – 9/17/16.) Check out all the details here.
We use these produce keepers from OXO to keep produce fresher longer, thanks to a recommendation from a friend (thanks Rachel!) These things are amazing.
What is on your weekly shopping list? I’m always looking for good snack options!