Usually, March is when I begin transitioning my wardrobe from cold to warm weather. But this March has been ridiculously cold and winter-like, hence the delay. So today, I wanted to share the key pieces in my closet that will help me refresh my closet staples for the springtime!
If you looked at my closet, I would say about 70% of it stays put year round. I depend on these versatile pieces to form the base of my outfits. For example, I have some basic tanks and tees that I wear year-round: on their own in warmer months, or layered with a completer piece in colder months. The other 30% rotates in and out depending on the season- like the items below.
With a few key pieces that shout spring, my whole closet can feel freshened up.
EYELET TOP, old from Old Navy (option*, option) / This floral eyelet top definitely reminds me of spring and warmer, sunny days. Obviously florals in general are totally appropriate too (I am browsing one to add to my wardrobe as we speak.)
EYELET TRIM SWEATSHIRT, old from Banana Republic (option, option) / Another cozy option for when the temps aren’t quite warm enough for short sleeves.
WHITE DENIM (exact, option*) / After trying several pairs of varying thickness, fits, price points, etc., this pair works best for me. I don’t wear these very often (hello messy toddler and newborn!) but one new pair of pants can really diversify your entire wardrobe.
SPRING JACKET (exact, option*, option*) / A lightweight rose pink jacket feels just right for throwing over practically everything. I love that it has pockets – perfect for mom life. The cinch-able waist is great too. Comes in several colors!
STRIPE TEE (exact, option*, option*) / Navy and white is another classic spring pairing. This particular shirt is reversible, so I can wear it with the v-neck in the front or the back!
As for shoes…
WHITE SNEAKERS (exact*) / Fresh white kicks can go with everything from jeans to dresses to shorts. They have that cool French girl vibe.
ROSE LOAFERS (exact, option, option, option*, option*)/ A subtle hint of springtime color to dress up an otherwise neutral outfit.
SLIP ON SNEAKERS (exact, option*) / The perforation gives the shoe a fun spring vibe. So easy to just slip on and wear, definitely Mom friendly!
*the items I linked to are on sale as part of Shopbop’s Event of the Season Sale! Starting April 9 through April 12, use code EVENT19 for 20% off your order (under $500) or 25% off your order (over $500). It’s a great time to stock up on designer brands- whether you want some quality basics for your wardrobe, or need a dress for an upcoming summer wedding, graduation or other special event. AND the code is even good on sale items! PS- start by going through Ebates to earn a percentage cash back on top of the sale!
What are your spring wardrobe essentials?
[…] With March literally right around the corner, I am always eager to transition my wardrobe into spring. For me, that usually involves floral prints, eyelet design, lighter colors & pops of color wherever I can! (See more of my spring go to’s here). […]