If I were aimlessly wandering my local Barnes & N0ble (or let’s be real- browsing Amazon’s Kindle library), I’d find myself in the motherhood and parenting sections. I’ve been particularly interested in articles, podcasts and books about finding balance among career and motherhood. It’s interesting how our society and culture approaches it, and I’m in the midst of figuring it all out myself, no doubt. But clearly, I’m not alone- there are TONS of resources on these topics.
Here’s a roundup of books that I’ve got on my reading list that cover everything from career to motherhood to parenting:
- The Sweet Spot: How to Find Your Groove at Home and Work
- Maxed Out: American Moms on the Brink
- Better than Before: Mastering the Habits of Our Everyday Lives
- I Know How She Does It: How Successful Women Make the Most of Their Time
- Hands Free Life: Nine Habits for Overcoming Distraction, Living Better and Loving More
- Hands Free Mama: A Guide to Putting Down the Phone, Burning the To-Do List and Letting Go of Perfection to Grasp What Really Matters!
- How to Raise an Adult: Break Free of the Overparenting Trap and Prepare Your Kid for Success
- Darling, You Can’t Do Both: And Other Noise to Ignore on Your Way Up
Have you read any of these? Tell me what you thought! Any others I should add to my list?