May 2014 Clothing Budget:
1. Floral Cluster Embellished Sweatshirt: on clearance $14.99 (reg 59.50)
2. Women’s Geo Print Long Sleeve Cardigan: $48 (originally from Le Tote but was out of stock so there so I found it elsewhere!)
3. Merona Lace Short Sleeve Top: on clearance $12.48
4. Kate Spade Cooper Wrap Watch: $75 on eBay (have been wanting an “everyday” watch that I can wear that won’t get in the way when I type at work…what a find!)
5. Merona Crepe Blouse: on clearance $12.48 (plan to make the sleeves 3/4 length)
6. Merona Crepe Shift Dress: $25 (thanks to Andrea for hunting this down in OH when they were sold out online and in stores near me!)
7. Black & white striped sleeveless peplum via Banana Republic Outlet: $21 via gift card
8. Oula Tank via Fabletics: $20 (comfiest workout tank ever…)
9. Champion Premium Run Short: $20
10. Aerie Hipster Bottom: $15 (super flattering, full coverage versus my Old Navy swim bottoms)
11. Champion Women’s Charm Skimmer: $28 (my official “commuting shoes” so I don’t wear down my nice heels!)
12. Cascade jewel necklace: $4 after credit
-teal blazer via Goodwill: $5
-navy blazer via Goodwill: $5
-navy and pink striped dress via Banana Republic Outlet: on clearance $26
-$120 in income earned (eBay sales, consignment sales, etc.)
=$170.95 for May
Not bad for getting a few needs (commuting shoes, swim bottoms) and replacement items (running shorts, lace top) while still being under $200. The watch was a bit of an impulse but I know it’ll be a great investment piece I will wear every day! I really want to try to get back to my original resolution of one item a month, but the past two months have been tough for me!
-Aerie: $100 (bras & underwear, blogged here, second post coming soon!)
–Joules’ Women’s Everglade Coat: $155 (review coming soon!)
Linking up with Franish and her crowd of fabulous budgeting bloggers.
To view my past clothing budgets, click here.
Katie @ Live Half Full says
I love these posts! I’m awful at updating my wardrobe and these inspire me! One day soon I need you to come go through my closet with me!
I would have hunted down that sweater, too! I can’t believe you earned that much on ebay and reselling your clothes. Dang! I need to try that out!
If you have name brand stuff, you can earn some nice moolah at consignment stores/eBay! (And to be fair, about half of my income came from blog partnerships and a survey panel that I cashed out on this month!)
Erin @ Loop Looks says
What in the world are you selling on ebay to make that much?! I need a primer on ebay selling, for sure.
And I LOVE that watch you got. So, so cute. And what a deal.
Ok so I did do well on eBay and the consignment store this month…but to be fair, about half of my income also came from some blog partnerships and a survey panel that I cashed out on this month.
Can you tell I have a thing for leather wrap bracelets/watches?!
Oh my, that watch is so pretty! Love all the prints you picked up this month!
Thanks Inge- I am glad I snatched it up–will definitely be a good investment piece!
I love my target dress like yours, they are my new favorite thing!
YES! So comfy and cute!
Brittney @ Quirky Britches says
Love that geo print sweater – I’ve been wanting one like that for forever! :)
Thanks Brittney- it definitely caught my eye with the fun print! Check out my link to it on Amazon!
I love all your purchases. I don’t know which is my favorite out of the stripe dress, stripe peplum, and nude watch. They are all gorgeous!
Thank you Sam! Those were honestly some of my favorites too!
Ah! That blue/red striped Target dress is in like every other May budget post, haha! It really is cute, though, and flattering on so many different body types! I really like the white embellished sweater you found as well :)
LOL it definitely is. I saw it on Franish first and fell in love with it! It was HARD to find…my friend in Ohio actually hunted it down for me! I have worn the sweater so many times already too and haven’t stained it yet- which is HUGE for me!