This month’s clothing budget just goes to show how much I love my Target, Old Navy and J.Crew Factory. They make up the powerhouse trinity of clothing awesomeness…I swear I could spend hours in these stores!
So here’s the breakdown for March:
1. Chambray- J. Crew Factory– $42.07 (worn here)
2. Army jacket- Old Navy– $33.00 (worn here)
3. Lace top- J.Crew Factory– $35.40
4. Linen-Cotton Mini skirt- J. Crew Factory– $38.25
5. Polka dot sweater- Old Navy- $21.00
6. Running tights- Kohl’s– $10.00
7. White jeans- Old Navy– $29.00 (worn here)
8. Fuscia tights- Target- $0 (gift card) (worn here)
9. Sperry shoes- Famous Footwear- $16.13
10. Espadrille wedges- Target– $30
11. Mint flats- Target– $0 (gift card)
12. Turquoise sandals- Target– $7.50
I also purchased underwear, a bra and a bathing suit bottom (which I needed for our upcoming cruise), but didn’t include photos because that would be well…creepy. Here’s the thing though…do you count things like bras/underwear, etc. in your clothing budget? I kind of feel like these are essential necessities so they shouldn’t count. Soooo…I’m not going to include them in my breakdown this time around!
$294.64 Total spent
$84.00 — Income earned (eBay sales)
$32.39 — Minus those “essentials” i.e.- bra, underwear, bathing suit bottoms
$178.35 MARCH TOTAL
UNDER budget by $21.65!!! (If I included those essentials, I would have been over by $10.64. Still not bad!)
-I went a little shoe crazy this month, but just look at them. Can you blame me?! Here’s my “justification:” Target was having a buy one get one half off sale and I just couldn’t pass up those Sperry’s. They were regularly $85 and I got them on clearance for $15!
-I feel like I can remix a lot of these pieces into different outfits…especially with the army jacket, white jeans, chambray and skirt. I had been looking for items like these for a while and they really filled some holes in my wardrobe.
And if you are a runner or other type of athlete, be sure to enter my giveaway for a standard medal display of your choice from Allied Medal Hangers! Click here to enter.
Linking up with Franish and her other fabulous budgeting bloggers as well as:
Molly from Still Being [Molly] / Carly from Lipgloss and Crayons for YOLO Monday
Weekend File and Life on Leroy for Life Lately
My Greatest Hits