I participated in an Influencer Activation on behalf of Influence Central for Chicco. I received product samples to facilitate my review and a promotional item to thank me for my participation. #ChiccoNaturalFit
As an expectant parents, T and I spent a lot time preparing fine tuning our registry, talking with friends and family for recommendations and researching items and brands. I remember when T and I first went to make our baby registry. We walked on over to the bottle section to start and were bombarded with TONS of options. Talk about overwhelming!
As a new mom with five months of experience under my belt, I can tell you that bottles are tricky. It’s all about what your baby prefers…and those preferences will change over time as baby grows and develops in their eating habits (just when you think you’ve got it figured out!)
We discovered this early on when I decided to exclusively pump and give Bryce bottles starting around 2 months. We did a lot of trial and error, purchasing several brands of bottles until we found a brand he liked. Then, as he got bigger and needed more ounces (and bigger bottles), he also transitioned to medium flow nipples…and it all happened relatively fast. I felt like I was hitting up the baby store every couple of weeks for more bottle supplies!
Luckily, there is a great option that I found at Babies R’ Us: Chicco’s NaturalFit Advanced Feeding & Soothing System.
The NaturalFit® Advanced Feeding & Soothing System is engineered to be responsive to the changing feeding styles of babies. There are three distinct nipple shapes adapt to the specific needs of growing babies by changing shape as the your baby’s way of feeding develops.
What’s even more noteworthy about this product is that they have a 100% guarantee for all NaturalFit bottles:
Those who purchase NaturalFit bottles have the opportunity to return the bottles for a full refund plus the cost of shipping (up to $6.99) if they are not satisfied with the purchase. For additional details about the satisfaction guarantee visit ChiccoShop.com.
So a little more about the bottles themselves…
All of the nipples are made of extra-soft silicone and are designed for easy transition between breast and bottle. There are three stages included…they really have taken everything into account here!
STAGE 1: Newborn Flow
- Unique angled nipple with wider, rounded base aids newborn latch and encourages proper neck positioning
- Angle stays full of milk, reducing air ingestion
- Twin anti-colic valves help prevent air ingestion, gas and spit-up
- Available as 5 oz (newborn flow) and 8 oz (medium flow) bottles
STAGE 2: Adjustable Flow – 8 OZ
- Angled nipple is replaced with a straight nipple and rounded base to adapt to growing baby’s advancing feeding skills
- At 4m+ babies have better head and neck control and colic symptoms tend to subside
- Adjustable flow nipple allows you to adjust flow rate for baby’s growing appetite
STAGE 3: Fast Flow – 11 OZ
- Designed to accommodate older babies’ increased suction strength
- Smaller and less rounded base for tighter lip support
- Elongated nipple encourages correct swallowing as baby’s sucking pattern becomes more efficient
- Available as 11 oz bottle with fast flow nipple
I definitely plan to try out this system with Bryce. It sounds like this set will grow with him nicely and make sure he is taking his bottles correctly all while eliminating gas and spit up- a win in my book!
And bonus! I’ve got a contest for you to enter to win one of 18 tiered Chicco Prize Packs:
- Three Tier 1 Prize Packs valued at $439.98
- Five Tier 2 prize packs valued at $189.98
- Ten Tier 3 prize packs valued at $59.99
Contest runs now through September 30, 2015. Enter using the widget below and good luck!
For more information on Chicco, visit their website and Facebook page.
Tell me: did you have any issues with finding the right bottles for your baby? How did you decide?
Leave a Reply