August 2014 Clothing Budget:
1. Urban Expressions Courtney Clutch/Crossbody via eBay: $23.66
2. Mikas Pond Lacey Wallet in Pink via Kate Spade: $85 (including shipping)
3. Carlisle Street Stacy Polka Dot Wallet via Kate Spade Outlet: $45
4. Navy Bow Earrings via Kate Spade Outlet: $16
5. Jacquard Dot Popover via J. Crew Factory: $25 (flash sale + free shipping)
6. J. Crew Linen City Mini Skirt via consignment store: $15.99 [worn here]
7. Marled Crew Neck Sweater via Old Navy: $14 [worn here]
8. Doubleweave Cotton Zip Jacket via Loft: $47 (including shipping)
9. Striped Crossover Cutout Back Dress via Loft: $18 [worn here]
10. Sabine Pleated Maxi Skirt via Piperlime: $14.97 on clearance
Not pictured: Pink Climacool Long Sleeve athletic shirt via consignment store: $9.59
-$125 in income earned
=$189.21 for August
So I did a bit of damage this month. Apparently the theme was accessories and black & white.
The Kate Spade pink wallet was something I had been wanting for a while…and when I saw it on a Kate Spade Surprise sale, I knew it was a good price (see my tips for getting Kate Spade on the cheap!) Then, I was out shopping with my sister-in-law and we happened to stumble in to the outlet…and this smaller wallet happened to be on clearance. I wanted a smaller wallet so I could carry it in clutches and small crossbody purses, so that was my justification. The earrings were just too cute to pass up. We both got a pair…twinsies!
Otherwise, I tried to be very purposeful with the actual clothing purchases. I feel like everything is very versatile and will mix and match nicely with items I already have in my closet.
I originally got the Loft blazer in a gray/blue on clearance in the store but it didn’t go with a ton. So when I saw it in white online at the same price, I grabbed it (but had to pay $8.95 in shipping- darn you Loft and your high shipping prices!) I included the shipping costs in my budget which brought the $36 blazer to almost $50. Also grabbed the crossover dress on clearance from Loft and found a gorgeous pleated maxi skirt from Piperlime on clearance from $70 for $14.97 AND free shipping- love it!
Luckily, I had some income earned to help offset the spending, which still put me under my $200 limit. If I had kept anything from my Stitch Fix this month, I would have been over! (Oh, and I also got a few fun pieces from Kika and jeans from American Eagle via some partnerships, which is always lovely.)
How did you do this month? What did you like from my purchases? Do you count shipping costs in your clothing budget?
To view my past clothing budgets, click here.