Top o’ the morning to ya! (Had to insert a little pre-St. Patrick’s Day jargon in there!) I am actually in central Illinois today judging debate at the State Tournament. Pretty intense, let me tell you..but some seriously talented kids! Anyways, here are my Friday Faves from this past week:
1. I got a no-chip manicure with Groupon I purchased a month ago…after my latest attempt with Sally Hansen nail strips, I was excited to get a manicure by a professional! Nothing says spring like a bright coat of polish on the nails!
2. I made parmesan-garlic chicken and roasted potato wedges with asparagus for dinner this week. And WHOA, was it good! I mean the chicken was so moist and flavorful…and I love potatoes, especially with a big pile of ketchup. YUM!
3. When Lynette told me about her awesome clearance at Famous Footwear, I went to my local store and found a pair of beautiful metallic Sperry shoes for $15! SO excited! But I the laces on the top are weird…I think I want to replace them with something else. My friend suggested replacing it with ribbon. What do you suggest?
4. Major sugar overload at the office this week. Pot O’ Gold birthday cupcakes and mint chocolate chip cookie sandwiches were on Monday (it was my coworkers bday and she made these..aren’t they cute?!), and chocolate dipped animal crackers, pretzals and Oreos were out on Wednesday for a coworker’s baby shower. And I NEVER say no to chocolate! #ineedselfcontrol
5. I got this flower from a friend for International Women’s Day. I love fresh flowers every now and again, especially as I wait to see the grass pop up slowly as the snow melts.
6. I’m stocking up on trashy gossip magazines for our upcoming cruise. Because what could be better than laying out in the sun, reading the latest about Kanye & Kim and RHOBH?!
I had two options for shoes: cognac boots and gray boots…which do you you like better?
Happy St. Patrick’s Day weekend!
PS- So you may have heard that Google Reader is going away- wa waaa! That said, I think you should follow me on Bloglovin’, because well…all the cool kids are doing it.
Follow The Style Files on Bloglovin’
Linking up with:
From My Grey Desk Blog– High Five for Friday
Perfectly Imperfect– InstaLately
Life Rearranged– InstaFriday
Two Thirty-Five Designs– Casual Friday Link-Up
Long Distance Loving– Friday Fancies