Katie recently did a post on her May goals with her baby on the way, and I wanted to adapt these for myself on my goals for surviving the first month with a baby! So here’s what comes to my sleep-deprived mind at the moment…
I intend to focus on three areas- 1. Things To Look Forward To 2. Baby Care and 3. Self Care. I’m hoping these three things will keep me in the moment and be present over perfect. I’m a big Type A/busy body personality, and Bryce has really challenged me to stop and slow down and enjoy the present. Hopefully these goals will help me be mindful of that and help me survive and thrive!
Here are my goals surviving the first month with a baby:
Looking Forward To:
- My first Mother’s Day!
- Visits with friends that get to meet Bryce for the first time
- Bryce’s 4 week check-up (hoping he is putting on the pounds, which would mean he’s eating well!)
- T and I hope to have a monthly date night…and in May, I think it will be us going to see Pitch Perfect 2. Can’t wait!
- Venturing out for some time away at a blogger Fash Bash event in a couple weeks! (There is also a great contest going on now until midnight..check out my Facebook page for details!)
- Send out Bryce’s birth announcements
- Attend a Mom & Tots walk at a local trail with gals from church
- Attend an event on baby development to learn more about specific milestones to look for
- Focus on breastfeeding (it’s tough!) and research alternatives if it doesn’t end up working out
- Taking daily walks with Bryce and Izzy (and squeezing in some squats/lunges/arm exercises when time permits!)
- Try to stick to healthy eating and snacking
- Stay off my phone, particularly at night time and between feedings
- Try to blog for a little “me” time
What are your goals this month?