Summertime is full of good eats, if you ask me. From fresh produce to sweet treats to cool drinks, there’s certainly an abundance of tasty stuff over here!
Here’s what I’ve been enjoying lately:
1) Three cheers for fresh produce from our backyard. Well, our neighbor’s to be exact. No green thumb here. Between that, my parent’s garden and farmer’s markets, we are stocked up!
2) Speaking of fresh produce, I used zucchini to make chocolate chip zucchini bread with walnuts. I had a lot, so I tripled the recipe and made several loaves for neighbors. Nothing like a baked goods delivery at your doorstep, right?
3) Whipped up some chocolate protein pancakes for me and the little guy to fuel us for our adventures each day. It’s just 1/3 cup Bob’s Red Mill nutritional booster + 1 egg + dash of baking soda + 1/4 cup water + dash of cinnamon + healthy dash of cocoa powder. It’s got over 20 grams of protein plus lots of fiber. Plus, the nutritional boosters are also vegan, gluten-free and contain probiotics. Win win.
4) Summertime means it perfectly acceptable for fruit pizza to be considered it’s own food group, right? Just used a sugar cookie mix, added a layer of frosting (8 oz cream cheese + 1 cup powdered sugar), and top with fruit. I could kill an entire tray by myself…
5) Yep, thankful for this liquid goal AKA iced coffee from the Pioneer Woman. Absolutely divine in every way.
6) Nothing like a cold, protein-packed smoothie to combat this crazy heat wave we’ve been having! I blended almond milk, banana, Bob’s Red Mill nutritional booster in chocolate (coupon here), powdered peanut butter and ice cubes to make this tasty gem.
What have you been enjoying this summer?
Disclosure: This post was in partnership with FitApproach and Bob’s Red Mill. All opinions are my own.
#SummerStrong #FuelYourAwesomeness #BobsRedMill #SweatPink @BobsRedMill @FitApproach