Now that summer has officially started, I have a “bucket list” of goals and plans that I want to make sure I get to…here’s my free flow of consciousness:
1) Eat snow cones (and something fried on a stick). That will probably involve going to a fair, which I love but will definitely have to practice some self-control when it comes to all the deep fried goodness.
2) Enjoy an outdoor summer concert. I’d love to try Ravinia!
3) Head to the Farmer’s Markets and stock up on fresh fruits & veggies!
4) Finish some projects around the house one by one. That includes putting finishing touches on our newly finished basement/bar area, getting ready to relocated/furnish our new office area, and making some updates with home decor in our bedroom like painting the dresser we picked up from Craigslist.
5) Spend more time on our deck this summer. Ideally, I’d love to get some patio furniture with cushions to upgrade our old metal set, so we will see! I’ve also got a lounge chair on my list so I can catch a little sun!
6) Grill out (and sample the foods that my husband plans to prepare using his DIY smoker!)
7) Run (or bike) on the trails. Our house is located near some fantastic trails, and I would love to take advantage of them. Now that I have a fancy runner’s watch with GPS, this will be even more exciting to do so I can track my progress!
8) Complete a “longer” race. I was thinking a half marathon at the start of the year, but at this point, I am just planning on the Fort2Base race, which is 11.5 miles. Still a huge accomplishment and something I will need to train for (preferably with a buddy on those longer runs!)
9) I’d like to start reading again. I love reading but I just haven’t had the time lately. I typically look for something off of the best sellers list or a girly chick book by Giffin or Weiner.
10) Eat less chocolate (and sweets altogether). I have a HUGE sweet tooth and sometimes it can get the best of me–especially in the midst of barbeques, get togethers, etc. So I really want to focus on making healthier choices so the pounds don’t creep up on me!
And in honor of summer…a very simple, casual outfit featuring one of my favorite summer colors–coral!