I recently found this recipe from FitSugar featuring Strawberry Protein Pancakes. I love making breakfast on the weekend, and I wanted to fuel up before my long run, so this seemed like a perfect choice! Problem was, I didn’t have plain Greek yogurt, so I improvised a little bit.
I recently came across Chobani Flips, which have a serving of yogurt and a side container of a mix-in. In this case, I had Banana with Dark Chocolate & Honey Roasted Salted Almonds. SUPER tasty stuff. (Check out all their flavors here by scrolling through.)
So here is my adaptation to these super filling, super delicious protein-packed pancakes! Using the Chobani Flips was great since I didn’t have to chop up the almonds or chocolate for the topping. Saved me lots of time!
Strawberry Banana Protein Pancakes (adapted from FitSugar)
Yields 15 pancakes (5 servings)
1 cup whole-wheat flour (I had all-purpose on hand.)
2 ounces vanilla protein powder
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup vanilla soy milk (or almond milk)
1 tablespoon canola oil
Cooking spray for pan
For the sauce:
8 fresh strawberries, chopped
1 container Chobani Flips (I used the banana/chocolate/almond variety and added a drop of red food coloring to give it a Valentine’s Day theme.)
- In a bowl, mix the whole-wheat flour, protein powder, baking powder, salt, egg, maple syrup, and vanilla extract.
- Stir in the soy milk and oil.
- Place a skillet or griddle on medium heat and coat with cooking spray. Spoon out batter (keep in mind these servings are small, like silver dollar small.) Once the pancakes begin to bubble, flip them, and cook for another minute or so on the other side until golden brown.
- To make the sauce, mix the strawberries and Greek yogurt (and food coloring if used) in a small bowl.
- Serve three pancakes with a healthy drizzle of the creamy pink sauce and enjoy! Sprinkle with remaining sliced strawberries.
YUM! Sounds and looks delicious!
Oh it was…didn’t taste like protein either, ya know that awful taste? Super delicious- I am going to make pancakes this way from now on- no more Bisquick for me!
That looks so good. I kind of want pancakes for dinner now..
I want breakfast for dinner all.the.time!