I’ve had these photos waiting to be posted for a while…clearly, my pink blazer is getting a ton of wear! Check out this pink blazer remix:
The left features a navy linen skirt for a spring look, then I transitioned it to more of a “casual Friday” look with trouser jeans for the middle look. The last look features the blazer over my black polka dot dress, which you can see better here:
I got the blazer from Target last fall—it’s a heavier fabric so I’m not sure how much longer into the spring/summer I can wear it, but it’s already been a work horse in my closet so far! It adds such a great pop of color- especially against neutral tones like navy and black.
Check out other outfits with this blazer here and here.
In other random news, this week is going to be a crazy one! Here’s what’s going on:
1) Work will be super busy. (I work in the pharma industry and we’ve got some major news coming out this week.) Needless to say, I’ll likely be living at the office the next few days. On the other hand, I have an intern starting today so YAY for extra help (once I show her the ropes!)
2) My friend is getting married this weekend in Indiana (see bridesmaids dresses here)! We kick off the long weekend with festivities in Chicago- lineup includes dinner/trivia at Merkle’s Bar & Grill, show at Kiss Kiss Cabaret, and dancing it up at the Holiday Club. (all of which are accompanied by slutty-named shots. Clearly.) Have you been to any of these places?
3) In between work and packing for the wedding festivities, I need to get in some workouts to help me de-stress. So far, Mon= Pure Barre, Tues= run, Wed=Pure Barre, Thurs=run, Fri=travel, Sat=run? (or recover), Sun=dance it up!
4) I am currently blogging from my new office with a DIY custom built desk made by my handy husband! Check out the photos/post here.
5) Lastly, enter to win one of THREE Hungry Girl prize packs on my blog! Enter here…
What is your week like? Do you have interns at your work? Been to any fun bachelorette parties lately?
Linking up with Fizz & Frosting | On the Daily Express | More Pieces of Me | Basic Training Corporate Style | DC in Style
I love colored blazers! And would like a new pink one.
What a week! It is going to feel gooooood to sleep after the wedding! :) So the bachelorette party is in Chicago right before the wedding? I always think it’s interesting to have the party so close to the wedding! I am not sure I would recover in time. LOL. But you know me ;)
That blazer is just perfect! I love the shade of pink! Have fun this weekend!
Definitely a busy week for you! I didn’t know you worked in Pharma, jealous! I would love to work in pharma or healthcare :) Also, sounds like you are going to have a fabulous weekend of fun!
I love the color of this blazer, so pretty!
I’ve been to both Merkle’s & the Holiday Club. I think Merkle’s is an Iowa bar, but otherwise like pretty much every other bar in Wrigleyville. I lived a couple blocks from the Holiday Club when I first moved to town – that used to be MY bar, loved that place! The bartenders were all super cool and it had a fun vibe. But… I haven’t been there in several years, so I’m not sure what it’s like these days. Have fun celebrating this weekend!
Katie @ Live Half Full says
Phew, I’m tired just looking at your week! I’m going to a Bachelorette party on Friday as well, mine is in Detroit and we’re going to the Tiger’s game/out to the Casino, should be fun!
Such a great blazer, all three looks are cute :)
Erin @ Loop Looks says
I love all of those looks with the pink blazer! I think I like the one with the jeans and the striped top the best, though. I need a new striped blouse or I need to get mine tailored. It’s a bit too “square”.
Your week does sound crazy! Hopefully your intern can get up to speed quickly and you can get some of your work off your plate.
Loving that pink blazer and the 3 ways you remixed it. You know how much I love a blazer.
Love the blazer! Mine is thicker too which bums me out for summer. The stripes and leopard paring are my favorite! Have a great weekend! Sounds busy but hope it’s fab! I will be in Chicago at the end of the month!
Oh man, I have been wanting a bright pink or coral blazer in my repertoire for a while now and haven’t been able to find the right one for me. I’m jealous that you snagged yours, and likely at a good price as well. I haven’t been to those places you mentioned in Chicago, though I live right downtown so it’s surprises me. Enjoy the city this weekend – the weather is finally getting nice around here, hopefully to stay for a few months!