This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #PowerInProtein #CollectiveBias
Taking care of a 14 week old baby while training for a half marathon takes a LOT of energy. Needless to say, I am hungry all.the.time. Between exclusively pumping six times a day for Bryce and getting in my workouts, I need nutritious options that keep me fueled. Often times, I don’t have the luxury of preparing something that takes forever to make OR that has a ton of ingredients (no more dishes!) I know it’s super important to get protein in your diet, and an easy way to get mine in is with protein powder—I use it in everything!
I stocked up on EAS Complete Protein at Walmart, along with a few other ingredients for my beloved smoothie that I’m going to share with you today. Previously, I bought a smaller tub of their vanilla flavor and liked the taste, so I was glad to commit to a larger container knowing that I tried it already.
- Has a sealed top and scoop located in lid so you don’t have to put your hand in the powder. Genius!
- It’s supplemented with calcium, fiber, vitamins, and minerals.
- It benefits not just your muscles but your bones and digestive system too.
- It can help you manage your weight and increase your energy—two things I want to do!
The recipe I’m sharing today has been my go-to for the past couple of months…I make one literally almost every day. It’s quick and easy, SUPER delicious and filling and only takes 5 ingredients! It’s like a drinkable peanut butter cup…no joke.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Banana Smoothie
adapted from Hungry Girl | Makes one serving | Weight Watchers PointsPlus: 4
3/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk or skim milk
1 small banana or 1/2 large banana
2 tbsp. vanilla EAS Complete Protein Powder
2 tbsp. chocolate powdered peanut butter
6 – 10 ice cubes
Place all ingredients in a blender. Blend at high speed until smooth, stopping and stirring if needed. Then enjoy!
And although I could use the entire tub of protein powder on just those smoothies, I’ve rounded up a few other recipes featuring protein powder that are favorites of mine…and you’ll note that almost all of them are centered around sweet treats. Gotta satisfy that sweet tooth!
- Protein Pancakes …and taking it a step further- why not make protein pancake mix as a gift?
- Vanilla Latte– this momma needs her coffee in the morning!
- Shamrock Shake
- Protein Banana Bread
- Pre-Workout Protein Balls– perfect before a long run!
What recipes do you have that incorporate protein powder? Share in the comments…I could use more ideas to fuel me before that half marathon in the fall!