As a child I was lucky to grow up with a pool in our backyard and the Indiana Dunes with Lake Michigan a few minute away. During the summers, I always remember being in the pool or at the beach with friends. My mom also enrolled me in swimming lessons. She knew that learning to swim was both fun and important, especially with a pool steps away from our house. Now that I am a Mom, I want to be sure my kids are not only safe around water, but also have good swimming skills. In the past, Bryce has been enrolled in various swim lessons for a six week session here and there. They were nice lessons, and it got them acquainted with and comfortable in the water. But I was still concerned about Bryce’s swimming skills, especially now that Blake is an active toddler and I want to be able to have some peace of mind when I take both boys to the pool this summer.
We had some friends that enrolled their kids in our local Goldfish Swim School and talked about how it truly helped their kids be better swimmers. Not only are their facilities amazing, but they have a wide variety of class times that run all throughout the year, make up session options, fun family events and a lot of one-on-one attention (with only 3 kids per class). Bryce just started lessons there weekly and after just a few sessions, he is truly enjoying it and making improvements with each session.
Compared to our previous swimming lesson experiences, Goldfish is a clear cut above for several reasons:
- It is designed specifically to be a swim school which means a wide variety of lesson times and days. That means if you have more than one child, you can often enroll them in a class at the same time!
- Kids can level up at any time based on their ability not at the end of a time period.
- You can begin in lessons at any time during the year.
- Lessons are each week and enrollment is a per month fee. Lessons are continual, so your child is always progressing.
- As a franchise, there are tons of locations!
- The water temperature and air temperature is always warm. No getting used to the water!
- The pool has ledges on the edges for sitting during swim lessons.
- There are SO many different types of swimming equipment they are able to use for swimming lessons.
- Songs, toys, and a variety activities are used during a 30 minute lesson with the very young children to help keep their attention.
- They have a large, enclosed waiting area away from the pool with lots of chairs and even snacks to purchase.
- There are many unisex changing rooms with lots of space before or after swim lessons. They also have hair dryers and mirrors available to use.
- If you have a child waiting, there are fish to look at, a chalkboard wall, toys, books, and more!
- Each week, there is a little treat for the kids like a toy duck, bag tag, or stickers.
- Goldfish even hosts lots of different fun special events throughout the year for your family to attend.
- Groups are kept small. Children have lots of opportunity to practice their skills with the teacher and learn from peers.
I’ll plan to do another post in a few months to check in on his progress! But so far, we are loving it!
This post is in partnership with Goldfish Swim School.