1. Black polka dot dress (J.Crew Factory)- $0, paid $35 with gift card
PERFECT for winter weddings/special events. In fact, I plan to wear this to my friend’s wedding in a few weeks!
2. Sloan Slim Fit Ankle Pants (Banana Republic)- $31.56, on sale with 40% off coupon & $15 bday coupon
Love these pants after seeing them on Bri– great quality and nice length!
3. Pink leaf earrings (Banana Republic Outlet)– $1.85, after 35% off coupon & BR Card Rewards Certificate
4. Periwinkle skirt (Loft Outlet)- $8.00, on clearance
5. Tan/black skirt (Loft Outlet)- $25.00
6. Sweaters (Loft Outlet)- $16 each
I needed to stock up on some bright colors for fall/winter after digging out all my sweaters/cardis from last fall, which I discovered had were piling, had shrunk because I put them in the dryer (I’m lazy), etc. I am definitely going to take better care of these to make them last!
7. Layering tanks (Banana Republic Outlet)- $5.25 total, after 35% off coupon & BR Card Rewards Certificate
I bought some tanks last month from Old Navy but they were cotton and the quality wasn’t as good as these. These are a nice blend and longer in length, not to mention you can wear them two ways: as a deep V or as a scoop neck!
8. Tweed blazer (Loft Outlet)- $26, on clearance
I had my eye on this back when it was $80, but I waited it out…well worth it! So perfect for the colder months!
9. White button up shirt (Ann Taylor Outlet similar, similar)- $19.25, after coupon & $15 bday coupon
Knew this would be a good closet staple to have as it really dresses up an outfit and is nice for layering. Love this particular one because the buttons start at the chest and is V’ed, which makes it lay nicely over the chest without it tugging open.
10. Peplum top (Loft Outlet)- $8, on clearance
11. Plum sweater (Loft Outlet)- $12, on clearance
Also not pictured:
-Orange hat (Banana Republic Outlet)- $2.30, after 35% off coupon & BR Card Rewards Certificate
-Black heels (DSW)- $25
And I also got these because they were a good deal with a birthday coupon, totally a “want”, so I’m including in the budget:
-pink/black running capris (Champion Outlet)- $20
-aqua/pink running pullover (Champion Outlet)-$20
Total October spending= $252.21
– income from clothing sales, etc. ($98)
~UNDER budget by $45.79!!!
All I can say is YAY for birthday coupons and credit card rewards! These came in handy when I did most of my shopping at the outlet mall this month. I’ve got about three weeks worth of “What I Wore to Work” posts to blog still, and I’ve already worn several of these items, so be on the lookout for them!
As for next month, I definitely intend to do some Black Friday shopping so I am going to challenge myself not to buy anything until then and come Black Friday, I’ll go in with a list of items that I NEED and hopefully not buy items that are simply a good deal. Does anyone else tend to fall in that trap like I do?!
How did you do this month? Which purchases do you like from my budget?
Check out my previous clothing budget months here.
Linking up with Franish and the other fabulous Budgeting Bloggers!