This month’s clothing budget was all about stocking up–especially because there were fantastic deals and sales to be found! I should be all set in the blazer, dresses and tee department for a while now!
So here’s April’s spending:
1. Ann Taylor black blazer- Goodwill- $8
2. Yellow blazer- Goodwill- $5
3. Cream Ann Taylor blazer- Goodwill- $8
4. A collection of short to 3/4 sleeved tees- Old Navy- $48 (one worn here) (Update: RETURNED ONE)
5. Linen shorts- Loft Outlet- $27 (worn here)
6. Pink teardrop earrings- Target- $8
7. Coral shorts- Old Navy- on clearance for $6
8. Floral clutch- Target- on clearance for $8.50
9. My favorite skinny jeans- American Eagle-$26.97 (worn here and here)
10. Orange v-neck tee- J. Crew Factory– $9 (worn here and here)
11. Red cardigan- Target- $10 (worn here)
12. Chiffon top- Ella Lane– $14.98 (blog giveaway, paid shipping)
13. Coral dress- J. Crew Factory– $43
14. Coral striped dress- Target- on clearance for $14 (Update: RETURNED)
15. Maxi dress- Target Daily Deal– $26.55
$263 Total spent
$48.00 — Income earned (consignment store sales)
$215 APRIL TOTAL- over budget by $15. Not bad, but not terribly good- meh! (Update: After returning two items totaling $20, I am actually under budget by $5!!!)
(I also picked up a few essential items for my cruise like a coverup and bathing suit and other necessities like a sport bra/underwear, but after consulting with some of you ladies last month, I decided that I won’t be including these in my clothing budget since they are essential items.)
-I am super excited about my new blazers from Goodwill. I am really leaning towards these instead of cardigans as a layer since they are more professional looking and provide more structure than a cardigan.
-I really needed to stock up on tees for the spring/summer. These will be great to layer or wear alone and were a great deal at Old Navy.
-Let’s talk about dresses. I’m a huge fan of dresses and wear them all the time- from get togethers to work. (I also got an eyelet dress from Loft, but the pleats in the back are not very flattering, so that was returned.)
I LOVE the fit of the J. Crew Factory dress. It fits true to size and looks A-MA-ZING! I am waiting for a 50% off sale in stores again and might pick it up in another color :-)
The Target striped dress has a similar cut although the skirt is quite full and makes me look a little large on the bottom so I’m going to see if my mom can work her sewing machine magic and take the skirt in a bit.
And I’ve always been on the hunt for a maxi dress and think I might have finally found it at Target! Most maxi dresses I’ve seen have spaghetti straps and I wanted something that A- I could wear alone that didn’t require a strapless bra and B- didn’t make me look preggo. I think this one might work..I’ll let you know how it goes! (Beware: If you are thinking about buying it, order a size down! I usually wear medium, but got a small and it fits perfectly.)
How did you do this month? Which purchases do you like from my budget?
Check out my previous clothing budget months here.
Linking up with Franish and her other fabulous budgeting bloggers!